Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sunny Sunday Afternoon

Today was a BEAUTIFUL day! We had to break out some warm weather clothes and I loved it! I absolutely love the Spring... I know officially we still have a few weeks to go but the weather this past weekend has me thinking it's here and anxiously awaiting it's actual arrival.

Lila started the day out in a long sleeved shirt under her tank dress but not long after going outside her cheeks quickly turned a rosy red from being so warm that she ended up sleeveless and the weather was perfect for it! I even had to go in and get a hat for Emily!

We spent a good part of the afternoon outside enjoying the sun and warm weather. We had fun swinging, sliding, playing chase and "kick ball" and Lila had fun throwing grass on everyone... although not everyone had fun with that...

I wouldn't be surprised if rain and a cold front were in the forecast for this next week (gotta love the random, crazy Texas weather)but we sure enjoyed the sunny Sunday afternoon we had today!

Lila really wanted to push Emily in the swing...

But was afraid to let go in fear the swing would come back and hit her so she really just "walked" her back and forth!



"Ready... Set..."

"Yay..." (Lila's countdown sequence)

Then she opted out of sliding for jumping!


Clapping for Lila as she kicks the ball... Go Sister!!

Playing outside is so much fun!!

Both girls in the swing together...

Emily didn't have as much fun as Lila!

I guess I should get Emily a new swing for her birthday next month...looks a bit crowded, huh?


post signature

2 comments:

Julie said...

Siggie Sam!!!!

I am so glad you found me in the blogosphere! Glad to see life has brought you a wonderful husband and two beautiful girls! Glad to be able to keep up with you now!

Marli said...

I am so jealous of your beautiful Sunday afternoon! Arkansas has had a few nice days, but then the next day it sleets! I miss Texas