Thursday, February 07, 2008

15 Pounder!!

Two posts in one day... Wow! I'm on a roll!

We just got back from the pulm. doc and I just had to share our good news... Emily is up to 15lbs. 0oz. Whoo Hoo!!

With this came a bit of bad news for Miss Emily.. 15 lbs. means TWO synagis shots (one in each leg)! Not fun! I don't know if this happens with all kiddos who receive synagis, but Emily's leg(s) swell up making for a very uncomfortable day. She gets lidocaine before the shot(s)and ice afterwards but it really doesn't seem to help!

I love this picture because you can really see her "skunk patch" of hair... see it right down the middle on top of her head?

This appointment was supposed to be Emily's last injection for the year but we got the news today that we were recommended and approved for two more doses because RSV has been so bad in our area... I hate this but I know it's what Emily needs to keep her safe so I won't complain. We also got the friendly reminder that playgrounds, the church nursery and grocery stores are off limits and we are to continue limiting exposure until May... Bummer! I guess we need to invest in more toys for the backyard since we will be limiting our activities for Spring as well...



post signature

No comments: