Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Phone Call

I have been playing phone tag all morning with the receptionist in charge of scheduling at Emily's optamologist (she needs to have her ROP checked). Lila was coloring with her markers and Emily and I were working on some therapy when the phone rang and I finally got ahold of Suzy from scheduling, so I quickly went to the other room to sit at my desk and look at our calendar. I was maybe gone five, ten minutes at the most. When I returned to check on Lila I let out a loud gasp.. so loud that Suzy from scheduling asked if everything was okay. I told her I would have to call her back...




Now despite what you might be thinking, I am not a bad parent. I watch my children, especially when crayons and markers and paint and even icing are involved. I just tend to get called away for a few minutes and my Lila has this crazy obsession with decorating herself with markers, icing, whatever she can get her hands on...

Needless to say she went straight to the shower and her clothes to the washing machine. At least this time it wasn't permanent markers (all sharpies are now childproofed in a drawer out of reach). While in the shower Lila liked that the water was turning green from getting clean but when it came time to scrub her face she got upset. I handed her a mirror so she could see it needed a good cleaning and she told me "No Mommy. I like it." Oh brother...


Oh and here is how I found Emily when I came back in the room while still on the phone to check on them...


At least I caught Lila before she could color on Emily this time!

I guess her appointment with Ms. Suzanne this morning wore her out.. and that was just her nutritionist, not therapist! It's hard work sitting on a scale and hearing about calories, special formula and baby food! All I can say is she is becoming more and more like her Mama each day.. I could go to sleep just about anywhere, anytime too! Of course this little siesta might have something to do with the fact that she is not feeling well... yep, sick again... that's not drool all over the floor... it's her runny nose! Poor Girl!



post signature

1 comment:

scrappinmia said...

O.K. Repeat after me "I will no longer give Lila markers."