Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Pictures from a Stir Crazy Day

My friend Michelle (Mom to 24 week preemie twins) told me the other day that to get over the stir crazy days of staying home during RSV season she bundles her kiddos up and lets them play outside for a bit, so today we TRIED that! It was really a beautiful day, there was a little chill in the air and windy, but the sun was shining which it really hasn't done much of lately so I thought I'd let Lila run wild and free in the backyard for a little while. Less than five minutes later Emily and I were back inside because the chill in the air turned out to be a little too cold for us! Lila, of course, refused... she's an outdoor girl for sure so I cracked the door and Emily and I watched her play from under a blanket on the couch! I know she must have been cold but she stayed out there for a good long while coming in every once in a while to get more "friends". Later I had to go gather up 15 different stuffed animals that were scattered about the backyard. They looked like they were having fun though... Lila definitely made me work to find them all. They were found in the swing, on the slide, in the sandbox, tied up in the water hose, peering out of the bushes, on the grill, so many fun places! At least the big ones were sitting in the patio chairs at the table having a little meeting I suppose. I would have taken a picture but I was trying to hurry back to my warm blanket!
Here's Lila braving the cold today...

Daddy would be proud in her Georgia hat and gloves!
And Emily...What is a good time waster for Emily? Oh, I know..break out a Biter Biscuit! That'll keep her busy!


And yet everytime I question my sanity for giving her one. Yuck... it's a biscuit that they don't eat, they gum! More specifically gum to oblivion. They make a huge mess and have to be hosed down afterwards. Then I am really questioning why I let her attempt them in clothes?? The result is always the same. Their bibs and clothes have to be soaked for days! I ask myself, "Really? Is it worth it?" The answer.. yes. It gives me a good thirty to forty five minutes to get other things done. It takes her a good long while to gum it away to nothing!

These last pictures have nothing to do with our day but concur with my post about the "friends" going everywhere with us. These are from our last trip to the mall. Notice Lila carrying BJ around on her shoulders like her Daddy does with her.


Just walking the mall with BJ on her head... yet she refuses hairbows. Go figure!



post signature

No comments: