Monday, January 28, 2008

Sisterly Love

The other night Emily was pretty fussy and at my wits end I handed her off to Lila who was sitting on the couch next to me just to see if a friendly face and less stressed embrace would soothe her mood. Lila was so sweet to her and once Emily got her bottle she was content in her sister's arms. Lila even started whispering something to her and kissed her little head. It was the sweetest thing!



I love watching my girls interact with each other. They seem to be doing it more and more. Lila has always been interested in the happenings of Emily but now that Emily can sit up and actually play a little bit with toys she is enamored with her big sister!



It's all fun and games until Lila gets a little too rough with her "Enemy" and a hug turns into a fall and dogpile! Lila still needs to learn the definition of GENTLE but it makes my heart smile to see them laughing and "loving" on each other!



Lila of course is quick to flee the scene... especially when she has been a little rough and Emily is crying. But she usually creeps back for a peek to make sure she's okay...

And Emily usually is... she just rolls over and wants to keep playing. She's one tough cookie!

Sweet "Enemy" Is there maybe a little trouble-maker streak there? No.. not Enemy!



post signature

3 comments:

Robyn Kitchings said...

Once again Sam, Emily is toppling over but your camera keeps on clickin'! Ha Ha! I LOVE these shots!!!

scrappinmia said...

These pictures are PRICELESS! That one looks like Lila is rubbing Em's face in the carpet. LOL! Makes me wish I had a sister...oh wait I have a brother and it was just about the same. :)

Hilary said...

adorable, hilarious, precious!