Monday, January 28, 2008

"My Friends, My Friends, Hi Dee Hi Dee!"

My Papa made up this silly little song using all my cousins names when we were little. We used to spend every Sunday afternoon with him and my Gram so needless to say he sang it to us alot. This silly little song is so near and dear to my heart, I can just hear him singing it today! Anyway.. sometimes I sing it to Lila and use the names of her "friends" instead of the cousins names...
Here she is with just a few of those famous "friends"... Care Bear, Barney, Baby Bop, BJ, Elmo and Piglet.




She has this AWFUL habit of having to take them with her everywhere! Between two kids, a diaper bag the size of Texas, diapers, wipes, bottle, sippee cup and snacks I can hardly keep up with my own stuff much less Lila's "friends" when we go to the grocery store, mall, etc. Kate (my niece) used to do this same thing and I said at the time I would never let Lila take an armful of friends with us everywhere we went... I guess that was my lesson in being too quick to criticize other people's parenting skills. Be careful what you say... you just might end up doing the same thing later on down the road! And don't worry.. I don't let her take them ALL with us when we go places! I'm not THAT crazy!

Today as we were leaving the grocery store a man was honking his horn and pointing insistently at something behind me. When I looked in the rear view mirror I saw Barney on the ground in the parking lot. Don't worry, he's okay.. he had to take a quick bath in the washing machine to get the tire grime off, but thankfully is still with us! I was wondering why Lila was screaming, "Mommy No!" when I buckled her in her car seat! Had we not been able to rescue him we would have had a terrible night searching the house, car, garage, yard, etc. looking for poor Barney! I'm glad we saved him! There will be peace at bedtime tonight, all thanks to a stranger who pointed out our lost "friend"! Thanks Stranger!



post signature

1 comment:

scrappinmia said...

Hey, TOTALLY understand where you are coming from on this one. Remember the special trip to your house to get a certain puppy dog? It seems like a hassle now, but in 20 years we will long for these days. Sorry, I'm in a sappy mood this morning. :)