Thursday, March 22, 2007

Emily Summer Allen




Emily Summer Allen
born
March 16, 2007
12:42 pm
3 lbs. 11oz.
16 3/4"

God is so good and loving and faithful! Emily is holding her own and doing much better than expected. We have a long hard road ahead of us, looking at a stay of ten weeks in the NICU, but I praise God for our answered prayers and know if we lean on him he will sustain us.

My sister is one of my most favorite people in the world, aside from Wayne, Lila, and Emily of course, so naturally when I found out I was having another baby girl I had to name her after my sister. My sister and I are so close and I so wanted a sister for Lila. Summer is such a great example of the servants we should be for our Lord. She is a woman of amazing faith. I hope Emily will be too! I love the thought of honoring special people in your life by naming your children after them. They become a legacy of wonderful, faithful, loving stewards. Lila Seanne is named after my Grandmother, a woman of amazing grace who shows Gods love to all she encounters, now Emily Summer after my dear sweet sister!

No comments: