Sunday, March 16, 2008

A Year of Miracles


My Dear Emily,
On your birth announcement I used the verse from Psalm 126:3... "The Lord has done great things for us and we are filled with joy." Little did I know at the time that the Lord had only just begun to do great things for us. I find that on the day of your first birthday you are even more beautiful than that teeny tiny, oh, so perfect present God blessed me with just a year ago today. You are absolutely stunning. So lovely, and your Daddy and I feel so very blessed to be your parents. You have just gone through your first year of miracles and we couldn't be more proud of all the obstacles you have overcome this past year. We praise God for the journey He has brought us through for it has forever changed the people we are and the way we face our troubles.

There have been many days this past year when news was handed to us that sent me straight to my knees begging my father for a different answer. He heard my prayers with faithfulness and today you can hear without aid, you are crawling, and all your doctors feel the spina bifida will not hamper your ability to walk, run and dance yourself silly that has been your Mommy's prayer for so many months. You are now catching up to your peers, closing the gap that prematurity set before you. Today you are a whopping 15lbs 11oz. and as happy and healthy as ever! It was a crazy couped up winter but spring is well on it's way and we have kept your immature immune system from being overwhelmed with RSV. We have so many praises! You have come so far!

It has been a crazy, hectic year. It has had many ups and downs. It has brought some of my best and worst days thus far, but it has also been the most incredible year of my life. I wouldn't change a thing. Not your early arrival, the uncertainty of my own health problems, all the therapy sessions, doctors appointments, weeks upon weeks of not setting foot outside of the house, not a single thing. It's all brought me to a greater appreciation in the true miracle of life. You've been through a lot this year but your story has only just begun. You will celebrate many more Happy Birthdays. You will continue to amaze us all. You will bring your Daddy and I great pride as we watch you grow and become your very own person with your own distinct personality. We will love you and laugh at your sweetness like we do with your sister. I am sure there will be decisions you will make that might not always make us proud but you will always be our pride and there isn't a thing you could do to lose our love.

My parting words for you on the day we celebrate your birth is to remember how very much you are loved. Remember there is nothing you could do that would make me stop loving you. You are my perfect gift from my Loving Father. I know your life will be full. You will get many gifts throughout your lifetime but the biggest, most important thing I will give you is the knowledge of our Lord. My birthday wish, my prayer, for you is this... Always Love the Lord with all your Heart, with all your Soul, your Mind and Strength for He has done Great Things for You and we are Forever Filled with Joy for your Presence. I hope you will know it, feel it, and carry it in your heart all the rest of your days. I love you Smiley! Happy, Happy Birthday My Sweet Baby Girl. We love you to the Moon and Back and Always Will!



post signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Notebook, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://notebooks-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

JB said...

Happy Birthday sweet Emily!

Samantha, Your post was so touching. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.