Monday, March 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!

My life's journey has been a rough one the past few years, but through it all there have been a few constants that I have been able to cast my anchor to in order to weather the storm. The first of course has been the love and faithfulness of our God, then the absolute Rock my Wayne has been, he has kept us all standing when crumbling is all I feel we can do. The last but certainly not the least, has been my amazing mother who is by my side each and every time I need her without me ever having to ask! Thank you Mom for just simply being you and for loving me through the joys and the sorrows.

I have learned so much from your guidance. I am so much stronger from having watched you be strong. I am more faithful from watching you trust in God's faithfulness. I am more compassionate from seeing you love. I am more of a servant from watching you serve. I am who I am today because of you. You have taught me some valuable lessons in life by your example. I know the "rules" don't matter as much as the love. I know that the experiences aren't as important as the time spent together and I know being there for someone means more to them in their dark days than just prayers alone. Thank you Mom for raising me to trust in God's unfailing promises. For teaching me that people deserve a second chance, and for showing me how strong the bond of mother and daughter can and should be. You are amazing and I will always thank God for giving you to me. Who else would have put their life on hold for six weeks to come sit with your daughter and grandaughter and tend to their every need... and then to do it all over again the very next year!?! I am a lucky girl indeed!

I wish that my girls and I could be there to celebrate with you today but you know you are wrapped in our love today and every day. Have the Happiest of all Birthdays! We love you and can't wait to see you next week! Happy, Happy Birthday from the Allens!


post signature

No comments: