Friday, June 22, 2007

Enough Already!

Here is a quick update on Lila... Many of you already know that Lila was admitted to the hospital yesterday. As I was typing my last entry she woke up crying. Initially I thought she had had a bad dream but soon discovered I was very wrong when I got her out of her crib and the throwing up started. She proceeded to be sick every twenty to thirty minutes for the next six hours. When she refused to take fluids my pediatrician recommended a trip to the ER to help with the dehydration. I knew what this trip would have in store for Lila and tried to spare her by giving her pedialyte through a medicine dropper. When she couldn't keep that down I gave in and Dad drove us to the hospital around ten o'clock. After several rounds of IV fluids, multiple x-rays, and a catheter later they were still unsure as to why she still couldn't keep anything down so they admitted her for an overnight observation. Wayne stayed the night with her so I could come relieve mom and dad from Emily duty.

Once again I am sooo thankful for mom. I'd be lost without her! She's extraordinary and has perfect timing with her visits! I shudder to think what yesterday would have been like on our own!

When I left Wayne and Lila last night she was able to keep down a pedialyte popsicle and even ate half of her applesauce. Good Sign! She is on an IV pump to keep her hydrated and hopefully put an end to the vomitting. Our ped. still had not been by on his rounds so we are expecting him first thing this morning. Hopefully they will have some answers and more tests will not be necessary. Our brave little girl has been about as brave as she is going to be. She is a little uncomfortable having to keep her arm straight for the IV but was in good spirits yesterday afternoon after mommy brought her Elmo balloons from the gift shop. I'm sure we'll be home later today, I'll keep you updated! Now I'm off to start another long and tiring day....

2 comments:

Justin said...

Amen to your title!!

scrappinmia said...

My goodness! "Enough already" is right. You deserve the mommy medal of honor. In fact if there was one I would insist that you get it!!
I can't believe you have been through so much in the past few months. You are at the TOP of my prayer list.
Stay strong and call if you need anything!
Cindy