Monday, April 20, 2009

"I'm so pretty!"


Oh, the joys of having two busy little girls! I have had a few good laughs over stories like this happening to other people, but it didn't quite seem as funny when it actually happened to me!

Today, dear Lila, you cut your hair! All of one side of your head.

Mommy was feeling a little under the weather with a bad cold and you girls were both up so early that morning... I thought it was an okay idea to rest on the couch after breakfast. I guess I let my eyes close and I woke up to, "Mommy, I'm so pretty!" It took me a minute to realize why you looked different but when I came to the realization that you were pretty because you chopped off your hair I bolted off that couch!

This little handful of damage seems like a silly thing to cry over, but that is all I wanted to do at the moment! There was no time for a breakdown though... I had to think of a solution... if only super glue would work for a bad hair cut! I felt sick to my stomach for the rest of the day... at least it was only hair and you resisted the temptation to make Emily "pretty" as well... and Mommy as well, as I was peacefully slumbering right next to you!

Later, when I asked you why you had cut your own hair, you told me, "I had a problem...there was hair in my eyes."

After two different trips to the salon to try and get it fixed... both stylists told me there was nothing they could do to fix it unless they cut your hair in a "spikey boy cut," no thanks. I have come up with a few different ways of fixing your hair to try and conceal the worst, but we are going to just have to ride this one out and learn from this experience... never take scissors into your own hands to solve a problem... there are bows and barettes for that!

I'm sure someday I will think this is funny...

And will laugh with you as we look at these pictures...




but just not today.




post signature

No comments: