Thursday, October 16, 2008

Happy Birthday Rooney!

Dear Lila,

After a long and difficult pregnancy I held you in my arms and was smitten for life. You were and still are absolutely perfect. Once I brought you home from the hospital I didn't think it was possible to love anyone or anything as much as I loved you in that moment. As the days, months and years passed you grew physically and emotionally as your sweet spirit and personality emerged. And as you grew, so did my love for you. Now as we celebrate your third birthday I find that I love you even more than I did that first time I laid my eyes upon you. You have grown into a beautiful little girl that loves horses and ponies, dances herself silly, roars like a dinosaur, dresses up in princess clothes and plays with frogs, snakes (not real of course!) and lizards.

My cup runneth over as I absorb the miracle and blessing you truly are. The hearts of your Daddy and I swell with pride as we marvel at what a joy you are. You have brought so much love, hope and desire to our home. You make us better people. You are My Little Sunshine. Lili Rooney. The great big protective sister. All smiles and laughter. Daddy's little helper. One of my very best friends. Happy Birthday Sweetheart!

I pray every night that you will always have the joy and innocence that is in your heart at the tender age of three. You have such a love for life and greet each new experience with awe and wonder. My hope, my dream, my prayer for you is the same as Emily's, that you will love the Lord with all your heart, with all your soul, your mind and strength. This life we have here on Earth is not very long but at times it is hard. Cling to Him Lila, and He will always carry you through. Your darkest days will have a ray of light and your happiest moments will be exuberant with Jesus by your side. Keep that servant heart you have and do great things for our Lord, for He has done great things for you. Happy Birthday My Love!
All my love to you sweet Lila,
Mommy



post signature

No comments: