Thursday, December 27, 2007

Special Ornaments

I usually wait until after New Years to take down the tree but I'm tired of Lila taking off the ornaments and having to "redecorate" it each night, plus I need the space for all these new toys! Before I start packing up the ornaments I thought I would take a few pictures of my favorites from this year and just a few from years past... it will be a long year before I will see them again and remember the sweet memories behind them! Bear with me... I don't know how to make a collage like some of my friends so there's a lot of pictures!

Emily's First Christmas Ornament

The hand print Santa that Lila made for me at church...Unfortunately he's been a one-eyed Santa since the second day he was on our tree... I'm not kidding about Lila's bad habit of ornament swipping! It's a shame this poor Santa lost an eye before I could rescue him... it's a cute memory now and I wouldn't have it any other way!

A family tradition... my grandparents send us an ornament each year for Christmas and now they send one to the great grandbabies.. so sweet!
Lila's Snowman

Emily's Angel... thanks Grandma and Grandaddy!



The Hershey's Ornament (from Summer and Brandt of course!) I love this one because it was the first ornament representing our family of four... even though Emily wouldn't officially join us for a few more months!

Our new tradition is to let the girls pick out an ornament for the tree each year. This was Lila's pick for 2007. She chose this Santa after a very hard time deciding on just one!


My mom gave me this ornament for Christmas last year so although it is not "new" it is new to the tree. I love it because my mom is my angel. She's the best and always here when I need her and boy have I needed her this past year!

And just to be fair.. Lila's First Christmas Ornament (from 2006)

<
And last but not least...

Our First Christmas together 2002! Say it with me... Ahhhh! :)




post signature

1 comment:

Robyn Kitchings said...

You are better than me! The bottom two feet of our tree is empty from Nora swiping the ornaments but I just can't keep up! It just stays bare!