Tuesday, December 11, 2007

One Restored, Another Destroyed...

Today I hosted our weekly play group and decided it would be fun for the kids to make and decorate sugar cookies. Things went okay with the making cookies part... I burned half the cookies, but we had a great time. We ate lunch while the cookies cooled but got carried away with our conversation and the kids had so much fun playing that we never got around to the decorating part.

Several hours later people were leaving, and Cindy and I were looking at pictures on the computer. Wayne called to tell me the leather restoration guy was on his way so we were hurrying to finish up. Mia started crying and said something about the table. We thought she had hit her head on the table but she appeared fine so we went back to the pictures until I heard Mia say Lila and table. When I looked back Mia was pointing at the table so I figured Lila must be standing on it. I got up to go get her down but was HORRIFIED at what Mia had been trying to tell me. Although we didn't decorate our cookies today, the icing did not go to waste.... yep...you guessed it!

Just as the door bell was ringing (the leather guy was now here)Cindy and I discovered that Lila had used the very vibrant blue and the greenest green icing to fingerpaint her body.... check her out....




If you are wondering why she doesn't have clothes on it's because earlier she played with the water in the potty and got all wet! Lovely, I know!
And yes, we did have to stop and take pictures while the leather guy looked on in awe. I quickly showed him to the chair where he asked if the same child who had just smeared icing all over herself had colored the chair. Um, yes... not my proudest mommy moment. Anyway, back in the kitchen, Cindy is trying to keep Lila still and get the icing out of Mia's hair (turns out she didn't hit her head after all - she was crying because Lila had just smeared icing in her hair). I told Lila we were off to the bathtub at which point she simply climbed down off the chair smearing icing all over the chair pad/cushion in the process. I'm getting grumpier by the minute.

She gets in the bath tub and the icing makes the water turn a very pretty blue green color.

Cindy and Mia leave at this point, probably running out the door and away from us and our chaos as fast as they can because Mia leaves her adored puppy ruff-ruff behind. I have the guy working on the leather chair in the other room and I am scrubbing Lila to get the sticky greasy icing and blue tint off her skin. She is mad at me because all she wants to do is drink the bath water and tell me how yummy it is! (gross!) I'm talking to myself at this point asking "Where is Wayne?" Lila tells me,"He's working mommy get in the yummy tub." I can hear the leather guy laugh in the other room and I know he is going to use this story to compete for who had the craziest day when he gets back to his office.

But look... the leather chair is just like brand new!! He did an amazing job!

He even redyed the ottoman to match perfectly!

Too bad the same can't be said for my chair pad/cushion. I've scrubbed, soaked and washed (twice) but the icing on the cushion is here to stay! Now all I have to do tomorrow is scrub the bathtub for the icing has left a beautiful blue green greasy ring around the tub... that beautiful tint is also all over my fingers. How about yours Cindy? Still green? What a day!!



post signature

1 comment:

scrappinmia said...

That was a pretty crazy afternoon! Sorry your kitchen chair pad is ruined, but your leather chair looks BEAUTIFUL!!! That is amazing. I can't believe he was able to do that!
Oh well, in a few years (when you have replaced the mess with boys calling Lila) yesterday afternoon will be just a really great memory!