Sunday, September 23, 2007

Sisters

My girls are becoming fast friends. Lila has always been a little mommy when it comes to Emily and her needs. She is always bringing me a pacifier or a bottle for her 'sissy'. She loves to point out her eyes, nose, mouth, ears, fingers, and toes... unfortunately she has had to learn the hard way (a few spankings here and there) that you can't actually put your finger in her eye when pointing it out... Lately Miss Emily's face lights up when Lila talks to her. We have been working on being very expressive and dramatic when talking to her (part of her therapy) and have been getting lots of smiles out of her, but she saves the biggest ones for her sister! I love to watch Lila interact with her and see that grin from ear to ear! It is the sweetest thing ever! Last week Lila kept climbing in Emily's papasan chair to watch TV with her sister. We kept having to get on to her for fear she would dish out a little injury with that lovin'. At times it's hard having them so close in age(lets face it... it's really hard) but I love that they are going to grow up being the best of friends! Their friendship is blooming and I couldn't be more proud!

Their first meeting from the NICU window!

I think Lila was a little unsure of her new sister here! That's my sister????

It's been Hugs from the first day home from the hospital!

Bath time is always fun... if Lila remembers sister doesn't like water poured in her face!

Emily has the 'deer in the headlights' look here... it was either the camera flash or Lila is squeezing a little too tight! We are still learning how to be gentle... poor Emily!


5 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm so glad you found my blog. I've missed your family! I barely knew you had Lila and now baby Emily. They are both precious! I'll add Emily (and you) to my prayer list. Tell your sister hello for me - in fact ask her to call me sometime!

Ronna said...

And now I found your blog! I agree about sisters, so special! Emily is in our prayers every night and it was neat to be able to show her to Emory last Wed. night so now she has a face to put with a name.

scrappinmia said...

Those are precious photos! Makes me wish I had a sister. Oh well, I have some great girlfriends which is just as good!

Hilary said...

It is soooo good to see you are blogging again! Thank you for sharing all the stories and pictures. Lila and Emily are preious! I can't believe Lila is 2!!! Y'all have been in our prayers and will remain.

mcjacobsjournal said...

Oh, the sweetness of sisterhood. It is truly one of my favorite things to watch and experience as a mommy. (Although the sister fights will add up over the years, I'm sure!)

We will be in prayer for your sweet baby girl. Kendyll had the same hole and it ended up growing together, and we never even had the test for tethered cord (although I still wonder if she has a minor case...) Anyway, I hope and pray that whatever is wrong can be fixed easily and painlessly. You guys have been through so much, and I'm amazed at your strength through it all!