Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Good Egg

One evening almost ten years ago Wayne caught my eye at church. He knew one of my best friends and so I had her do a little behind the scenes magic in order to get us together. When she suggested to Wayne that he should ask me out, she told him I was "a good egg." I guess that stuck and it's been a little inside joke between us for our dating and married life... thanks Laura! : )

So, for our 8th Anniversary earlier this month Wayne got me this cute little stamped egg...

It's good to know that after all these years I'm still "a good egg" to him!

Wayne,
Thanks for a wonderful life. There is still no one else on this earth I would rather spend time with... you make me smile and laugh every single day. You gave me two beautiful girls that fill my life with chaotic joy. I absolutely LOVE being your WIFE and their MOTHER. I love you more than you will ever know. I pray that over the next eight years we will continue to find favor and kindness from our Savior. Thanks for being the man that you are and for leading our family through this journey of life. You are my most favorite person in the whole wide world and a great example to me. Thanks for helping me keep my eyes on Jesus and the rewards that await us in Heaven. I love you, love you, love you.... and I think "You're a Good Egg" as well! : )

post signature

1 comment:

Krista said...

Where are you, sweet Miss Sam? ;-) I'm catching up on your blog and I LOVE this post! SO sweet and something so meaningful between just the two of you . . . I love it! Miss you girl! =)