Sunday, July 13, 2008

Let me explain...

Rooney and Doodle...

This morning on the way to church I found a sticker of Rooney Doodle from the Dooblebops that one of the girls picked out of the 'Great Job!' sticker box at the doctor's office. This is not where the girls' nicknames come from. We don't even watch the Doodlebops. Lila is 'Rooney' because Charlie gave her that name and it stuck. Emily is 'Doodle' because she skoodle doots all over the house, having not yet learned to walk, somehow skoodle doot became 'Doodle.' So, there you have it.. Rooney and Doodle! Silly, I know, but at thirty-one I am still 'Mank' by everyone on Dad's side of the family. I guess we have a thing for nicknames!

I have no idea how my Papa came up with 'Mank' and No, you absolutely, positively CANNOT call me that!


post signature

3 comments:

Meri said...

That is too funny. I was going to ask about the nicknames:)

scrappinmia said...

I love it when parents have nicknames for their kids. Saylor calls Mia 'bubba' which is NOT as cute as Rooney or Doodle but I still love it. You definitely have an interesting nickname too....and don't worry I don't even WANT to call you that. ha ha :) In college I was Dinky (some kind of mixed up misspelling of my name my my sweet friend Sean) it stuck and there were people who didn't even know my REAL name. Nicknames are fun! Thanks for sharing.

Krista said...

How funny! I think it's great to have nicknames; Rooney & Doodle are so cute! =) I was always 'Boogie' to my dad . . . now Miss Briley is our 'Boogie'! Blake & Beau have their nicknames also, as do Bret and me! =) Hope you guys are having a GREAT week!