Friday, July 06, 2007

The Zoo....









Wayne's sister and her family are in town for the week and I had this great idea to make our first trip to the zoo. It was a nice day, the sun was finally out, no rain in sight and not too hot either. I thought it would be the perfect outing until five minutes into the zoo when we reached the Children's Zoo Area. I started seeing all these hand washing stations and purell dispensers everywhere. Then there were signs cautioning you to wash your hands to keep from getting sick after touching the animals. Needless to say I was freaking out and ready to go. What was I thinking taking Emily to the zoo??? She is just now getting out of the house more and her first big adventure is to the ZOO? What a lapse in judgement on my part! Since we were with family, and my nieces were having a good time I took a deep breath, covered Emily up even more than she already was... poor baby must have been hot... and tried to hurry us along to areas where the animals are actually in pens and cages, behind glass and fences keeping us away from nasty, dirty animal germs. Once we left the petting zoo the fun started and we really had a good time. Lila loved the zoo and took a real interest in the animals. It was fun watching her see all the animals from books and movies up close and personal... well again, in pens, cages, behind glass and fences! Will I always be so neurotic about germs? I was never really this way before Emily. Now we are making people wash their hands before holding her, keeping Lila away from kids we don't know and now will not return to the zoo until my kids are teenagers with strong, healthy immune systems! Ha!Ha! Here's some pictures of our day... I took one of Emily just to prove she was there... we kept her in her car seat/stroller all covered up and she slept the whole time!

1 comment:

scrappinmia said...

We went to the Zoo a few weeks ago!! It was so fun, but your right...the germs are scary. I hope everyone made it out o.k. and GERM free!