Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Don't Look Back!

A couple of weeks ago on KLOVE they asked, 'If you had a travel machine would you go back or forward?' Immediately I thought, BACK! Back to when my girls were babies. I miss them terribly, sometimes my heart aches for those sweet days when we didn't do much but stay home and play. Life was simple and I felt like I had my whole life ahead of me. Now, it's chaos. Fun chaos, but still a lot of running around, school, homework, projects, practice, games, after school clubs, boredom, and devices! And the pre-teen drama is alive and well. I pray their Dad and I survive the teenage years with three girls in the house. I wouldn't change a single thing.. I love watching them grow and accomplish new goals and milestones. I love the young ladies they are becoming, but still my heart longs to hold their tiny baby selves again, kiss those sweet cheeks and tickle their baby toes. But then, the guy on the radio said, '..but you've already lived it and hopefully lived it well.' YES! Good point! Reminds me of a quote Aunt Summer posted on Instagram a while back- "Don't look back, it's not where you're going." Very wise words. Having just recently celebrated Granddaddy and Nana's heavenly homecoming I think this quote could not be more true. Life is a race we are running. We get tired and weary and are mindful of times when things were easier, simpler, and the race wasn't so hard with distractions at every turn, but we have to keep our eye on the prize and run our hearts out with the hope of victory at the finish line. So, yes, those days were precious. They will forever be carried in my heart and cherished for the treasure and gift they were, but I'm looking forward. I'm moving forward. I don't want a time machine as life is already flying by, but my eyes are set on Jesus and I am running to Him, holding the hands of my three beautiful girls as we run!

post signature

No comments: