Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Six


Six years ago on Sunday I married my best friend. We planted this tree during our wedding reception, in my parent's backyard, where we were married. I'm sure just like our marriage, it has faced some hard days and weathered a few storms. It's roots are strong though, and each year it grows taller and stronger, a beautiful example of God's handiwork, again just like our marriage. I check in on our tree each time I go home and love to see the growth that each new year brings and the reminder of that special day when we began our journey together. Happy Six Years Wayne! Thanks for loving me and having roots deep enough and strong enough to keep us growing and stretching and reaching toward Heaven. I love you!


post signature

2 comments:

scrappinmia said...

I didn't know that Sunday was your anniversary! You should have said something at lunch. :)
Congratulations on 6 fabulous years. I hope you have 60 more!

Krista said...

What a GREAT post! Thanks for sharing, Samantha! Happy 6th . . . and may you both have MANY, MANY more!! =)