Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Pumpkin Farm

Here's a quick little trip down memory lane...
Lila's first experience with the Pumpkins...

She was a month old and was still in that new baby sleep coma... not happy to be awakened for a pumpkin picture!

And last year's trip. She was better about sitting with the pumpkins but was not into the pumpkin hat I kept insisting she wear because it was cold!! She was fearless when it came to feeding the animals and liked picking out her own pumpkin... so much so that she held on to it the whole way home!









And this year... Well lets just say Lila felt right at home at the Pumpkin Farm! She was a wild child keeping us all very busy! She kept running away from the group, feeding rocks to the animals, not posing for pictures, eating Deacon's lunch and not really her own, throwing hay on the hayride and could not make up her mind when picking out her pumpkin. I have to keep reminding myself that she is two and this comes with the territory! She's not being bad she's just being her curious, gregarious self! We braved the chill in the air, our wind blown picnic lunch, bumpy hayride and had a great time with good friends! Thanks Cindy, Lindsey and Jill (who will be welcoming baby Nicholas in two weeks) for helping me chase Lila all over the farm! Here are some pictures from our day...


Lila and Deacon feeding rocks to the goats! Poor goats.. I'm sure they're sick about now!



Emily was really pretty good!

She didn't even mind when her hat slipped down over her eyes!

The girls!


Michaela is going to be such a good big sister to Baby Nick!

Off to the hayride!!

I'm sure Cindy got better pictures so I'll post more when I get them!

2 comments:

scrappinmia said...

Well, I haven't even had time to download my pictures yet, but yours look pretty similar! That one of the girls walking holding hand just melts my heart. I hope we have one like that when they are eighteen also!
It was such a fun day!

Jessica said...

Sam, I am so glad that I got to see your sweet girls the other day at Target. They are both absolutely beautiful! I was thrilled to read the good news about Emily's hearing as well. Best wishes in the Thanksgiving season! (Can you believe it is almost Thanksgiving!?)