Monday, October 22, 2007

Great News!

Sorry for not posting sooner... I guess I didn't take the pulmonogists warning seriously enough and had two sick kids after a play group at McDonald's! You're thinking McDonald's... seriously?? I know, I know! The very next time they both get out of the house we will come home to an immediate bath of sanitizer!

Anyway... Great news to report! We took Emily for her ENT visit last week and discovered that SHE CAN HEAR!!! All the other hearing tests have come back with less favorable reports because she has a collapsible ear drum and this caused the docs to think she couldn't hear! We saw the most amazing ENT (shout out to Dr. Tseng!) who discovered the problem and ran test after test all indicating that our sweet baby girl has heard every word we have said to her! She must have been thinking we were crazy all this time using all that silly, loud, obnoxiously expressive baby talk!

The collapsible ear drum is due to her prematurity and should correct itself as she grows. Apparently up until Dr. Tseng the docs didn't have an instrument small enough to properly fit in Em's ear causing her ear drum to collapse each time and make them think sound was not getting through! I am now a super big fan of third, fourth, even fifth opinions! Sometimes you just have to keep asking until you get an answer you are happy with! I am so happy we didn't have her in hearing aids yet... they would have been completely unnecessary!! Another Yay for Emily!! I like all this good news to report for a change!

Sorry for the short post... it's been raining all morning and Lila keeps asking if she can go outside and make a snowman... uh...????? When I tell her there is no snow for a snowman she thinks for a sec and asks "PLEASE?" I guess I am headed outside to prove you can't make a snowman with rain... wish me luck.. this should be interesting!

3 comments:

Marli said...

I am so excited to see the good news. We are praying for baby Emily in our ladies class at church.

Hilary said...

YAH!!!! Another yes to all the prayers!

scrappinmia said...

Snowman? That is too funny!!