Sunday, May 06, 2007

Home

We have been home for two weeks now. Mom was here for the first week and I have now made it through my first official week alone... Can you say EXHAUSYED? Apparently I'm so tired I'm having a hard time spelling it! Wayne took Lila out for the afternoon so I could sleep and I'm waiting for my ambien to kick in so I can rest up for another long week!

My surgery is scheduled for May 22nd so things are about to get pretty hectic again.. with endocrinologists appointments (i'm having a second and third opinion because I REALLY don't want the surgery), pre-op paperwork, labs, etc. and I have my final appointment with Dr. Petrovski. Emily also has several appointments next as well... she is seeing the audiologist (because it took her four time to pass the screening at the hospital) and a couple of weight checks (she is no longer doing so well with her feedings). If everything goes according to my doctor's plan (I'm still holding out for no surgery) then I'll be in the hospital for the surgery for four days and three nights and come home on some serious painkillers. I've heard the surgery is quite painful..then throw two babies in the mix... I hope he gives me a refill... or two!! Please keep us in your prayers a little longer! The thyroid must be removed because it is the only way to be sure its not cancerous.. I'm just hoping one of the endocrinologists will have a better plan.. doubtful I'm sure but I'm holding out hope. We're really not looking forward to this next chapter in the story of Emily's birth. But what must be done... must be done!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Sam, I am Sarah's sister here in Dallas and I just wanted you to know that I have been following your blog and praying for you and your sweet little girls. I am so glad that you have the baby home and that everything is going well. I will keep sending positive, happy thoughts your way that you will get through your own medical stuff and be able to leave it behind you.