Friday, November 10, 2006

Storytime Phenomenon!

Mallory and I took Jacob, Audrey and Lila to the library for storytime this morning... Wow is about all I can say! We got there early because tickets are first come first served. I am glad we did! About ten minutes before the library opened there were moms and babies everywhere! Literally a long line waiting for the library to open! Soon the line started moving, perfect timing for Mal who was getting her exercise chasing Jacob up and down the stairs! We finally got our tickets and joined the circle on the floor... well some of us... Jacob had other plans. Storytime was full of songs, learning new sign language, and reading Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See? in unision. Lila wasn't too sure what to think of the whole thing.. she kept turning around to hug my neck... either to thank me for bringing her or to make sure I was still there and not going to leave her... I really think it was the latter! Looking back now, I think it was a lot of fun although at the time I couldn't help but think how interesting it all was.. some of those moms really got into it! We'll have to go again and see if Lila warms up to it.

It sure was fun to hang out with our friends... Jacob kept me laughing all morning! Mal really needs to blog - Jacob's obsession with doors and elevator buttons is just too funny! I'm sure her stories would keep us all laughing! Let me know if any of you want to join us for our next storytime adventure.. apparently is all the rave.. One lady we spoke to said the very first time they had storytime 500 people showed up to participate... WOW!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm jealous that you and Mallory get to hang out! Hopefully, we can get together next week. Storytime sounds like fun. We haven't tried that, but I'm sure Griffin would like it. Unfortunately, Brooks is getting to the point where he won't stay still for long. Anyway, I'm fairly sure 500 people don't show up for the ones around here... that's crazy!