Monday, March 21, 2011

Emily's Art Party!


Emily's birthday party was at Kids-N-Art this year... love having a party somewhere other than my house! All you really need to do is just show up with a cake, of course I couldn't resist doing just a little extra! Love is in the details!

Since the kids would be painting at the party I made all the party guests a t-shirt so they wouldn't get their clothes dirty. The tag said, "Emily is FOUR, How old are you?" and on the back the t-shirts had the kid's name and their age. Of course once we got there I realized Kids-N-Art provided smocks for the kids to wear, but with my "little extra" they were sure to stay paint free! :)

Look how cute...!!

Emily picked a turtle as the design she wanted to paint for the party..

The party attendants walked the kids step by step through the painting process..



Even though everyone painted the same thing they all turned out different... some better than others, but all very cute.

To continue the "art theme" I brought paper bag puppets for the kids to make. We ended up with some cute lions, frogs, cows, elephants, and parrots. Emily chose a cow and Lila made a parrot. We've had several cute little puppet shows here at our house since the party!



... even a quick little show before ballet class! : )

Birthday Cake...
Emily has had Mimi's special strawberry cake (SO YUMMY!) every year on her birthday so I had to continue the tradition. The traditional cake from the Sparks side of the family, made it's appearance as a cupcake jar, but Emily's cake was a cookie cake with a monkey... per her request! Of course we had to have both! I just think it's sweet that my girls grow up having the same special cake that Mommy had on her birthdays when she was little! : )
Cupcake Jars...


And the Monkey Cookie Cake...

For the party favors I made Jello Playdough so the kids could continue their artistic creativity at home. I made WAY too many (7 each of 7 colors) and came home with a lot of leftover favors... so I won't need to buy playdough for my girls for a long time to come! It's fun because the colors are pretty and it smells like the flavors!

Emily had her own special parking space for the party...

I thought it was a fun party, but more importantly, this little girl had a blast!

And this one did too...!!

Happy 4th Birthday Emily!

post signature

1 comment:

heather.m.herron@gmail.com said...

YAY!!! You're back! I've missed keeping up with you and your sweet family!!! :) Love & Miss you!!
~Heather