Thursday, April 22, 2010

Fun in the Sun

So, I've just recently had another one of those mommy moments when you look at your kids and wonder when they got so big. Emily turning THREE was tough... although I tell her and Lila all the time that they will ALWAYS be my babies, our baby days are long gone and our house and hearts are now full of little girls! In a measure to preserve this moment in our lives I decided to snap some pictures of them while they played outside today.

The girls LOVE to play outside.. they would be out there all day if I let them... I'm always tickled at the silly games and creative things they come up with while playing in the backyard...
They love to swing... secretly I can't wait until they are old enough to swing themselves.. today I pushed them for over an hour!!





I'm not sure how this got started, but they like to have the swing twisted and then spin, spin, spin until they are good and "bizzy, bizzy" as Em calls it!






Lila called me out a few days ago to show me this snake in the tree... She told me this was "the snake that made Eve want to wear clothes"... ummm, okay... although I guess it is technically true it's interesting that she picked that out as the important thing to remember from the story...

LOVE the dollar spot at Target... We got these little ant farms the other day and the girls have been on a serious ant hunt ever since.. too bad Daddy is on top of the ant piles with the ant killer! We settled for earthworms instead... digging for earthworms is one of Lila's favorite things to do lately... ewww!!




And this morning we just HAD to come home with these tacky flamingos, also from the dollar spot. It was love at first sight for Lila... before we even left the store she had them named.. Sally, Suzy, and Sophie. Their new home is in the BACKYARD just outside Rooney's window!

Goofy Girl!




post signature

No comments: