Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Move Over Julie and Julia...

There's a new cook and blogger in town!

My trip to the grocery store a few weeks ago was an extra long one, it might have a little to do with the fact that I was alone and enjoying my time away from my two little monsters, but I am claiming that it was because I perused each aisle looking for something different for the family to eat. I don't know about you, but we end up eating the same meals over and over again with the only surprise being what day of the week we might have each familiar meal.

So, I decided to spice things up a bit, try my own Julie and Julia experiment, only I won't be cooking from Julia Childs cookbook. Instead I'll be doing something easier and much more fun... cooking delicious recipes from the Pioneer Woman herself... we'll call this experiment, Samantha and Ree...

It will be fun for me, a treat for my family, as they get a much needed break from the monotonous dinner routine, and if I fail, I'm sure my three faithful readers will love me just the same! : )

So here goes... up tonight... Spaghetti and Meatballs... say a prayer, cross your fingers, and check back in to see my finished product...let the fun begin!

**********************************************************
One down, however many more to go...

Wayne called my first attempt a success!

This little one sure liked it!

post signature

1 comment:

Russamoto said...

SO impressive!!!! Are you doing a new meal each night? I have just recently started cooking...but I aim for 2x a week.