Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Good Plan, Bad Outcome

Mom gave me a bit of a hard time the other day for not posting in a while... I didn't know anyone still checked my blog..everyone seems to have moved on to facebook! So, here you go Mom! And Rebecca, I'm still working on Christmas x4! : )

The forecast for today is 50% chance of rain... thunderstorms likely for this afternoon. Afternoon rain showers are the perfect ingredient for an ideal afternoon nap. In preparation for our naps this afternoon I decided the girls and I would stay in our jammies so we'd be comfy cozy and ready for the rain... in fact, I didn't even make the beds... I ALWAYS make the beds...seriously, I do. I'm strange like that.

While we are waiting for the rain and having a jammie day I decide it is a perfect time to do some arts and crafts. Late last night I got out the red, pink and purple crayons and shaved them down to teeny tiny pieces with the cheese grater to make our crayon melts valentines. Now is the perfect time to use them right? hence the title of this post... it was a great idea, I had a good plan, but the outcome was bad...let's be frank...VERY BAD.

An hour and a good scrubbing in the bath tub later the girls are clean and in new jammies, the kitchen tile has ground in bits of crayon everywhere but I'll deal with that later. We continue with the valentines. But wait, this marker is not writing quite right...

Where is the tip???

One look at Emily and I've found it... well not FOUND it but at least I know where it went...it looked worse before I tried to clean her up and then grabbed the camera... imagine blue tongue, teeth, lips, chin.

Funny huh?

She was the only one laughing. She did this TWICE on Sunday during church but thankfully with Color Wonder markers so there was no mess. Why does she insist on eating EVERYTHING??

The proof is in the pudding... here she is trying to eat my camera. Must she have such a huge appetite for life?

I am desperate for the rain to start, for the girls to take that afternoon nap, but while Emily was in the bath tub for the second time this morning I made my bed because there is no rest for the weary... I'll be scrubbing the crayon off the kitchen floor and doing laundry now that Emily has pink paint on one set of jammies and blue marker on another... so fun!


post signature

No comments: